1.First of all, Check your sky3DS+ frimware version(see here) , and update it to the newest firmware version if possible,
then format your microSD card to FAT32, set the cluster size to 64kb.
2.Download your games from those reliable sources, make sure they are not the modified roms and out of region, copy
them into your microSD card, enjoy your game! You can switch games by pressing the orange button back and forth, or
jump to a certain game by pressing the button quickly for several times.
Note： A settings.txt file and other .sav files will be built in your microSD card once start to play
games, open the settings.txt, add the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1"(default 0,
can change it anytime later) and save it, a .CFG file will be created in your microSD card after a game has
been played, it includes the specific info for that game(CART_ID,FLASH_ID...), you can build
you own .CFG file for playing a new game(or an online game) later if you know how to get those
info properly, which means you don't have to wait for the updated gamelist.bin file by our site,
the .CFG file has a higher priority than a gamelist.bin file.
Normally sky3DS+ will come with the newest firmware V100(FIRMWARE_VERSION=100 in the
settings.txt, we will keep it updated on our site if needed.
1.Download the updated firmware.bin from sky3DS.com, and copy it into the root directory of
your microSD card.
2.Insert your microSD card into sky3DS+, connect your PC and sky3DS+ with a USB cable(come
with, which can also work as a USB Adapter once connection built).
3.The LED red light will turn on for 10 seconds, then turn to the green light and keep flashing for
10 seconds, once the light turn off it means the sky3DS+ has been updated successfully.
Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keep flashing, it might damage your sky3DS+ card!
4.Delete the firmware.bin file in your microSD card.
- I just downloaded the "Dragon Quest Joker 3" rom today and tried to play it on my sky3ds+ card. but the card won't read the game, it changed the rom i copied to my sd card to .3ds.bad, what can i do now?
- We've tested all new released 3DS games on sky3DS+ without any problem, works like a charm! Just make sure your download rom is from the reliable sources, and dumped by the original retail game card, no modified and edited roms.
- My sky3DS+ card does not change to my new downloaded game by clicking the orange button, is there any solution?
- Please try a new microSD card, format it to FAT32, set the cluster size to 64kb, re-download that rom from more reliable sources, make sure it is not out of region, or not a modified rom.
- I've just got my new sky3DS+ card, how do i know which firmware version it is?
- Insert one empty microSD card(FAT32) in your sky3DS+ card, and put in your 3DS console, a new settings.txt file will be created automatically in microSD card, open it, you can find the firmware version in the line: "FIRMWARE_VERSION=xxx".
- Can I use the save files from my blue button sky3DS card with the new orange button card?
- Yes you can download the DiskWriter V2.03b4 tool, open it on your PC, select the game and right click on
it, choose the "backup save2" on the popup menu to convert the saved data for sky3DS+.
- How can i play the out of region games on a sky3DS+ card directly?
- Sorry the out of region roms can only still be played on the sky3DS+ via NINJHAX and its built-in Region-
- I just purchased the latest version of Sky3ds+. wonder if you have the instruction to edit the private
header for the online game play?
- Open the file settings.txt, add in the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1"and save it, once got the file "xxxxx.CFG" for that online game built in your microSD card, open it and replace the value of the "GAMESAVE_KEY" and "CART_ID" with your private header info - the Unique_ID and Cart_ID, save it, and remove the old .SAV file, now enjoy your online play without ban risk!
- I have 20 plus games on my sky3ds+, is there a better way to navigate all of those games more fast?
- You can quickly press the orange button and skip as many games as you like without having to wait, just
remember the order of the games. This works in both directions.
- How can i install a game like Monster Hunter 4 or Xenoblades to my MicroSD card? Since the file format
of the MicroSD should be in FAT32 it won't allow these big files to be transfered to it.
- For those large size roms (4GB), you can use the 3rd party tool(like: 3dsexplorer see video here ) to trim
it to the small size, sky3DS+ works fine with the trimmed rom!
- Just want to know if there will still be updates for the old blue button sky3DS template file.
- We are still working on a AP checks solution for the old cards, and will keep the template updated as well.
- Where is the file firmware.bin? I can't find in the download page.
- The newest firmware V100 comes with your sky3DS+ card, no update needed at the moment.
- I have been trying all day to get 64Gb micorSD cards to work, had issues formatting 64GB micorSD card
to FAT32, please help!
- Please see more instructions here, and better set the cluster size to 64kb while format it to FAT32.
- I did the V110 update today and everything went fine. Only now mine led light always flickers, dim... Is this normal and can i turn it off with the setting file?
- You can edit your led light status in settings.txt:
ACTIVITY_LED_COLOR=RGB - this line is set to select the colour of the activity LED. This allows you to personalize your cartridge's notifications to your liking or disable them altogether. The syntax here is simple - XXYYZZ, XX for Red, YY for Green and ZZ for Blue, 00 for Disabled, FF for Enabled. You can mix and match colours, too! For instance, FF00FF will make the LED shine Pink, FFFFFF will make it shine White or FFFF00 will make it shine Orange.